Twitter is one the most popular social networking website and if you need you website to be visited by a varity of people then you must consider twitter you can use twitter API for almost any purpose. Thanks to free community of wordpress there are alot of free plugins for twitter so you can use them to drive traffic to your website. In this article i have compiled a list of 13 best wordpress plugins for twitter.
HL Twitter lets you display your tweets as a widget in your sidebar or even browse your entire Twitter history right on your blog. But it also does a whole lot more. You can track multiple Twitter accounts and store all of the tweets on your blog indefinitely (currently Twitter only keep your 3,200 most recent tweets) as well as pulling in any tweets that you reply to for future reference. You can then tweet from your Dashboard or have HL Twitter automatically tweet your new posts with a customisable message.
The plugin supports a default message template for updating or editing posts and pages, supports your custom post types, and also allows you to write a custom Tweet for each post which says whatever you want, using a selection of custom shortcodes to generate your text.
- Use tags as Twitter hashtags
- Use alternate URLs in place of post permalinks
- Support for Google Analytics
Simple Twitter Connect is a series of plugins that let you add any sort of Twitter functionality you like to a WordPress blog. This lets you have an integrated site without a lot of coding, and still letting you customize it exactly the way you’d like. First, you activate and set up the base plugin, which makes your site have basic Twitter functionality. Then, each of the add-on plugins will let you add small pieces of specific Twitter-related functionality, one by one.
Better than Twitter’s own widgets – Tweet Blender is tag-aware and has support for multiple authors, lists, hashtags, and keywords all blended together. The plugin can show tweets from just one user or a list of users (as all other Twitter plugins do); however, it can also show tweets for a topic which you can define via Twitter hashtag or keyword. But there is more! It can also show tweets for multiple authors AND multiple lists AND multiple keywords AND multiple hashtags all blended together into a single stream.
Tweet Old Posts is a plugin designed to tweet your older posts to get more traffic. Tweet Old Posts randomly picks your older post based on the interval specified by you. The primary function of this plugin is to promote older blog posts by tweeting about them and getting more traffic.
Twitter is big. Too big to ignore if you’re a blogger. It’s a great way to connect with your readers, and promote your blog a bit. Tweetable is intended to help integrate Twitter into your blog. It can automatically tweet links to your blog posts as they are published. It can display your lastest tweet in your sidebar and add a tweetmeme widget after your posts. You can even use it to share a Twitter account among a blog’s author’s if you wish.
TwitterCounter plugin allows you to integrate TwitterCounter.com badges on your blog. Additionally, you can add the Twitter Widget to your blog, which shows which twitter users recently visited your blog or website. Manually add where you would like to display the badge / remote or use the WordPress sidebar widgets instead.
- Display TwitterCounter badges
- Display Twitter Widget
- Choose custom colors for background and text
- Sidebar widgets included for ease of use
- Complete customization from within the comfort of WordPress Admin
- Deactivating plugin will not kill your theme
- Clean uninstall if you choose to delete the plugin
Twitter Fans lets you display your twitter followers in the sidebar as a widget just like Facebook’s fan widget in appearance. That’s what’s why we call it “Twitter Fans Widget”. There are other plugins that let you display your twitter followers but they ask for your twitter password. While this plugin will just take username. Also it lets you change border, background, and color of the widget.
The WordPress Twitter Feed Plugin lets you simply output any user’s tweets into your WordPress page, template or sidebar! You can customise the username, number of tweets, and style of ouput.
Twitt-Twoo is a simple little plugin that will allow you to update your Twitter status right from your blog’s sidebar. AJAX takes cares of the hard work, and means that your page doesn’t even have to reload, allowing for quick and easy status updates.
- Displays your latest Twitter status, and when it was last updated.
- Displays your Twitter icon/avatar next your status.
- Allows for easy updating of your status from the sidebar.
- Updates using AJAX, so no page reload is required.
- Provides a link to your personal Twitter page.
- Provides a link to your Twitter RSS feed.
- Simple options page located in admin Options->Twitt-Twoo
- Provides a ready-to-use widget/module.
Display the latest Tweets from your Twitter accounts inside WordPress widgets. Customize Tweet displays using your site or theme CSS. Customize the number of tweets displayed. Filter out @replies from your displayed tweets. Optionally include retweets. The widget plugin automatically links usernames, lists, and hashtags mentioned in Tweets to keep your readers on top of the full conversation.
WP to Twitter posts a Twitter status update from your WordPress blog using your URL shortening service to provide a link back to your post from Twitter.
The Twitter Follow button is a small widget which allows users to easily follow a Twitter account from any blog. You can configure the WPLOOK Twitter Follow Button
- “User to follow” set a user to follow;
- “Followers count” hide/show the number of followers;
- “Button color” change the button color schemes, blue/grey;
- “Text color” change text color (HEX color code);
- “Link color” change link color (HEX color code);
- “Language” specify the language for the Follow Button, available in English (en), French (fr), German (de), Italian (it), Spanish (es), Korean (ko), Japanese (ja), Russian (ru) and Turkish (tr);
- “Width” width of the Follow Button;
- “Alignment” alignment of the Follow Button, left/right;